Monday, August 20, 2007

Rainy days and Mondays

I listen to my iPod at work. I have always listened to music when I have work to do. Music helps me focus and helps me be more productive. I can't explain the "why" of it--it just does. When I was in college, I had the radio on (or CDs playing) for almost the entire four years.

Today is a rainy day in the StL. I don't have a window that faces outside, but I can see outside from my office. I work underground, so I can't see the rain falling, but I can hear it and I can see that it is gray.

For some reason, the weather is dictating the music I'm listening to. I've been listening to dreamy, slightly melancholy music. So far I've listened to all of Recovering the Satellites by Counting Crows and I'm midway through Under the Table and Dreaming by DMB.

Listening to DMB is strange for me because I don't really like them all that much. It's nothing personal, I just don't like jam bands. Well, okay, I do like the Black Crows, but I don't like it when they jam in concert. I don't like Phish. I don't like The Dead. I don't like jam bands.

I do keep Under the Table and Dreaming on my iPod, though, for days like this.

No comments: