Friday, August 10, 2007

Paperback swap

I joined the Paperback swap community this week. I signed up and logged 33 books that I was willing to swap. You agree to send, at your own expense, books to other people who want them. For every book that you successfully swap, you get a credit. Credits can be used to "buy" books. You can search the database to find books you want to "buy," and order them from other members.

You have to commit to a time frame when you will send a book, though, rather than having it sit on your coffee table for a month while you know that someone else wants your book. If you don't send it within that time frame, you don't get a credit.

It seems like a really awesome system. I have a ton of books that I don't want anymore--mostly popular fiction--and there aren't a lot of used book stores in my area. I can swap hardback or paperback books, and the cost for postage is under $3. So, everyone ends up spending about $3 per book, which they get back when they receive the books they ordered.

If you want to join, email me privately to get my Paperback Swap username. I'll get "credits" for referring you.

No comments: