Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mandy Moore covers Umbrella

Mandy Moore covered the song Umbrella, originally performed by good girl gone bad Rhianna.

It's a good song to begin with--catchy hook, decent lyrics--and could easily be one of the best summer songs. Also? Having Jay-Z in your corner doesn't hurt. How you think he got the name HOVA?

Anyway, Trent from Pink is the New Blog linked Moore's cover from his site and, curious as ever, I followed it.

Man. That was fantastic.

Mandy Moore is fast becoming my girl crush. After being a bubble gum teen queen, Moore emerged reasonable unscathed to tell the tale. She acted in a few movies and put out an album called Wild Hope. Did I blog about Wild Hope? I don't think I did. Bad, Erin, no biscuit. I'll do that soon, I promise. Anyway, I liked it a lot. It was lacking in a few places, but overall it was a fantastic way for her to shed her teen queen skin and step into grown up-hood.

Fast forward to Moore's cover of Umbrella which, in my opinion, is fantastic.

She gives it a sweet, melancholy, heartfelt twist and, most importantly, she performs it non-ironically.

Go check it out on her website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey ur voice is beautiful and ur pretty my favorite movie of urs is a walk to remember