Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Tuesday's music recap

I used to listen to podcasts at work, but the project I'm working on now isn't compatible with podcast-listening. So, now I'm listening to fewer podcasts and more music. I suspect that, as my projects change, I'll go back and forth between podcasts and music.

Yesterday, Black Frances played:
Sarah McLachlan's Afterglow
Regina Spektor's Begin to hope
R.E.M.'s Green
Pearl Jam's Vs.

I have only listened to Afterglow and Begin to Hope a few times. It was interesting listening to them again. Both had gems of songs that I loved uncovering. And I was reminded how much I love Sarah McLachlan's voice. It's alternately sweet and husky, soaring and smoky. I love when singers have depth of range. And Regina Spektor has both range and quirky-ness. She is doing what Nelly McKay did and I prefer it to McKay's work.

No comments: