Friday, May 18, 2007

Old and busted vs. New hotness

I was just considering this as I was looking in my iPod for something to listen to:

One of the fun things about writing about what I'm listening to every day is that it challenges me to listen to new music instead of relying on old favorites. It's simultaneously really fun and really terrible. I love finding gems on my iPod or rediscovering old favorites. But, there are albums I come to over and over again for comfort. They are like musical security blankets, and I need them to be productive or to make it through a particularly difficult day.

I try to do my best of finding new things and leaning on the old. And, I want to expose my admittedly small readership to music you might not have heard before. This doesn't work if I listen to the same things all the time, right?

I do my best to mix the best of old and new.

No comments: