Thursday, February 12, 2009

Good deals on digital music? Yes please...

If you're on Twitter, you should think about following the Amazon.com mp3 feed. It links to the Amazon mp3 store which has a "Deal of the Day."

Generally speaking, it looks like Amazon sells digital music for cheaper than iTunes. Not in every case, but generally.

I'm also not sure about DRM with files you get from Amazon.

I don't think that Amazon will replace the iTunes Store for me. I am lazy, and the iTunes store is right in front of me when I've got iTunes open. Still, the Daily Deal is enough to at least make me look at Amazon's mp3 store when I've got an album I want but am not willing to pay $10 for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Curse you for highlighting that Twitter feed.

And yes, Amazon MP3s are in fact DRM free!