Friday, October 5, 2007

I'm not dead.

I haven't posted recently, mostly because I can't think of things to write about. So, I'm going to cop out and write a "this is what's been catching my eye lately" post.

1. I've watched the first 2 episodes of Private Practice, the Grey's Anatomy spin off. I only watched the first season of Grey's Anatomy, so I stopped watching right when Addison showed up. I don't have a history of or a context for Addison, so it's interesting seeing the show with fresh eyes. The cast is pretty awesome: Taye Diggs, Tim Daly, Audra McDonald, Amy Brenneman, Chris Lowell, Kate Walsh, and Paul Adelstein. They run a holistic wellness center or something. It's pretty interesting when, in the second episode, you still have no idea what they actually do. Anyway, I dig it.

2. The new Tegan and Sara disc, The Con, is fantastic. I love it more than I could begin to tell you. I kept hearing the radio single, "Back in Your Head," and thinking 'wow, that's nice.' I bought the album because I couldn't shake that song. It turns out that the whole album is this fantastic assortment of songs that work like that--all haunting and mesmerizing.

3.I have the following TV shows TiFauxed but not watched: Dirty, Sexy, Money; Big Shots; Reaper; Pushing Daisies; Life; and Cane. What do you want to bet that one of those shows gets cancelled by the time I can watch it?

Maybe I'll have more to write about sometime soon. Maybe not. Who can tell?

No comments: