Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Graduation by Kanye West

Let me start by saying how thrilled I am that he didn't include any of those skits on this album. I hate the skits. They always mess with the flow of the album.

Overall, I thought it was pretty good. It was certainly a solid B effort.

Biggest (pleasant) surprises:
Everything I am
Big brother

Biggest disappointment:
Homecoming (with Chris Martin of Coldplay)

I liked:
Good morning
Can't tell me nothin'
Stronger

I could have lived without:
Drunk and hot girls
Champion

I felt like this album was way too overproduced. There was too much sampling, I thought, which is funny because I usually end up thinking that West does a pretty good job with making the sampling seem effortless.

This album reminded me a lot of Jay-Z's The Black Album in its tone and level of polish. Clearly West had a lot to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for my bride for getting this!

-M, who can't wait to hear it after he gets home.