Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Time to laugh and shiver and cry...

I'd forgotten how much I love Clone High. It aired in 2002 on MTV and lasted only a season, and I was obsessed with it. For Christmas, The Dude's parents got me the DVD but I hadn't gotten around to watching it yet. Last night I popped it in and watched 2 episodes.

Clone High's premise is disarmingly simple--scientists made clones of famous people and now these clones are in High School. The show revolves around Abe, Joan of Arc, Cleo (Cleopatra's clone), JFK, and Gandhi.

It got some press when it came out because the people of India didn't like their revered leader portrayed as a goofy, socially inept partier. I get that. I do. But man is Gandhi funny.

My favorite Gandhi bit is when he becomes a rapper with the stage name G-Spot. His rap? "What's my name? G-Spot. And what do I rock? The G-Spot."

Good times.

I'd urge you to try to find the DVD. It contains the entire first season, including 5 episodes that didn't air on MTV (the series originally ran in Canada).

No comments: