Sunday, February 25, 2007

Podcast, podcasts, roly poly podcasts...

In my working life, I spend a lot of time in front of the computer doing mundane and repetitive work. This is not to say that I am not satisfied career-wise. I am. I love my job. But, my mind sometimes wonders when I'm doing this work.

Some friends of mine were telling me how they like to listen to podcasts when they do work that is repetitive. It engages their minds while their fingers to the typing.

What the heck, I thought, let's give it a try.

I already subscribed to Brini Maxwell's hints for gracious living. Brini is a stitch and a topic for another day...

I picked up Science Friday from Talk of the Nation, Fresh air, This American life, It's only a game, and ESPN's the Big Show with Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that podcasts do allow me to work without letting my mind wander. And, since Monday, I've learned about avian flu, pandemics, Mark Wahlburg's career, and a film called "The Lives of others" that is nominated for an Oscar as Best Foreign Film.

And, I guess, if you took a podcast out to see a movie you wouldn't have to buy it a ticket....

1 comment:

Team Luca said...

Brini Maxwell has a new line of products for the home, found online at felixpopuli.com