10 observations about the Degrassi: The Boiling Point finale:
Spoilers, ahoy! Don't say I didn't warn you!
1. Generally, I felt like it was kind of 'meh.' They built up to this episode for like a month and that's what we get? I feel like the writers built up to a point when all that was left was to kill Eli but they couldn't do it because everyone liked him too much. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that Eli didn't get the 'Rick' treatment or go the way of 'JT,' but for all of the "we go there" boasting that Degrassi does, it felt like they took it 90 yards, but just couldn't take it to the logical end that they were building up to.
2. Eli is totally the new Craig.
3. Drew hooking up with Bianca clearly violates the 'bros before hoes' rule. Drew already has a girlfriend. Or had, maybe, it depends on how mad Alli is at him. Did he forget how Adam was crushing on her? If he did, they might want to check him for football-related brain trauma because it was two episodes ago and he got in a fight over it. Seriously, dude. What's your damage?
4. PS--What's the deal with everybody being hot for Bianca? She's like a skankier, sluttier version of Mia.
5. The HollyJ strip tease? I feel conflicted. I love the HollyJ/Sav pairing even more than the HollyJ/Declan pairing, so I was cheering for them. On the other hand, I feel like the Shark in the Water was actually the shark that Degrassi was jumping in this episode.
6. On the subject of hooking up: What kind of school do these kids go to that they can just run off to the boiler room or the band room to hook up?
7. Zane and Riley totally deserved to win homecoming kings. Who in their right mind ships Alli and Drew? I like the Zane/Riley pairing, and it's nice that we're not playing 'Trapped in the Closet with Riley' anymore. But I feel like Zane and Riley are like two episodes away from turning into the boring couple that Marco and Dylan turned into.
8. If they wanted to up the awkward to 11, they should've crowned Jenna and KC. Hey...where were Jenna and KC in this episode?
9. I love Clare. She's the new, more sympathetic version of Emma. She's adorable, even if she basically ruined everything for everyone for the rest of the season by setting off that ridiculous Rube Goldberg machine-esque chain of events that ended with Fitz not killing Eli. But she did it for Eli, who is pretty much the Lloyd Dobler to her Diane Court.
10. I miss Declan. When is Declan coming back?