Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10 observations about Degrassi: The Boiling Point

My love for Degrassi: The Next Generation is deep. I've watched it from the beginning (I know I'm 31. Shut up.) and kind of lost interest midway through last season. But since you can take a break from Degrassi, but you can never truly quit it, I got sucked back in this Summer.

Teen Nick is doing this Telanovela-style airing of of Season 10 and calling it "Degrassi: The Boiling Point," which shall be known from this point on as DTBP. I'm lazy...that's why.

If you watched the promos for DTBP, you heard them say that it's leading up to the most explosive thing that's ever happened at Degrassi.

*record scratch*

Seriously? Did you forget about that time that JT got stabbed? Or what about the time that Rick shot Jimmy Drake Jimmy?

Seriously DTPB...you need to bring it to top the drama of the past 9 seasons.

Anyway, I have a few observations I'd like to make. There are DTBP spoilers in here, so tread lightly if you aren't caught up.

Ahem...

1. Claire is the new Emma. I guess this means that Eli is the new Sean. And yet...that doesn't quite feel right. Either way, I want Eli to put the moves on Claire so badly that it hurts. I yell at my TV every time they're in a scene together and he doesn't kiss her.

2. Ali is the new Manny. Which makes Drew the new Craig, I guess. I can see that, kinda, except that Craig is cute and plays the guitar which totally makes up for the fact that he's kind of a jerk sometimes.

3. I'm ready for Riley to come out already. I know he's all 'I can't play football and be openly gay,' but dude...Dylan played hockey and and was out. And hockey is way more popular in Canada than football.

*spoiler alert! spoiler alert!*

4. I totally called the upcoming storyline about Adam. As in, I texted a friend and said 'Adam is trans, right?'

5. I don't care about KC at all. Or Jenna.

6. I like Sav. I hope that he gets some better storylines ASAP. Between the fake pregnancy and the stolent truck, he is heading toward Toby territory. And we know how that turned out.

7. I lied. Drew isn't the new Craig--Declan is. He's a messed up hottie with (I think) a heart of gold.

8. I also don't really care about Dave and his two sidekicks. I care so little about them, in fact, that I don't even know their names.

9. I feel like Fiona is the newer, richer version of Alex. I keep waiting for her to make out with Holly J. Because, of course, Holly J is the new Paige.

10. Who is that one girl who kind of looks like Mia? Yeah...I still don't know.

2 comments:

Library Belle said...

I stopped watching sometime during season 7. What happened with Toby?

Vero said...

lo que yo de entendi que era de una novelafue muy importante en esa epoca.