Wednesday, April 8, 2009

In which we discuss 'For the Love of Ray J,' Tom Green, and Warren G.

Last night I was watching this week's episode of 'For the Love of Ray J.'

This might be a good time to tell you that I'm a sucker for almost any VH1 reality show.

I'm not proud of that. But true is true, my friends.

I like Ray J. Okay, yeah, he's the Kim-Kardashian-sex-tape guy, but everyone makes youthful mistakes, right? I want him to find love. And, since this week was "meet the folks" week, so do Ray's friends, family, and entourage.

Anyway, after Ray J. introduces the moneygrubbing whores, er contestants, to his grandma, Ray J. takes them to meet his entourage. Or, as he calls them, his "homies."

As an aside, it was funny to see how quickly the ladies put some clothes on when it was time to meet grandma. I think they had more clothes on at lunch than they'd worn during the rest of the show.

It was as if they thought that Grammy Norwood was actually judging whether or not they would make good wives for her grandson. After lunch, though, she proved to be no help at all when she basically said that Ray J would have to make his own choice.

I suspect if Slutty, Crazy, and Manipulative had known Grammy wasn't paying any attention them, they wouldn't have wasted the time covering up.

Or, in Manipulative's case, putting a bra on.

As another aside, why doesn't Manipulative wear a bra? Doesn't that wear on her back?

Okay...back to the entourage. And the meat of this rambling, rambling post.

Apparently Ray J. counts both Warren G. and Tom Green as members of his Inner Circle.

Take that in for a minute.

Warren G. and Tom Green.

What in the world could the three of them possibly have in common? Can you even imagine how hilarious it is when they all hang out?

I feel like VH1 missed an excellent opportunity when it chose to give Ray J. a Rock of Love/Flavor of Love-style dating show.

Someone was clearly dozing off during that pitch meeting.

Because, honestly, wouldn't you rather see a show where Warren G., Tom Green, and Ray J. have awesome adventures together?

One episode they could go out to lunch and the next they could, I don't know, go sky diving or something.

I feel like someone at VH1 missed something here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more about the Tom Green/ Ray J show. I was dissapointed when they didn't give Tom more airtime ont this episode. They're just such an odd pair, it'd be so amusing