Friday, April 24, 2009

A quote worth considering

"Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses, and disappointments, but let us have patience and we shall soon see them in their proper figures."
--Joseph Addison

I was going to write some awesomely lofty blog post about how I have tried really hard to see pain as a blessing.

But the truth is, I rarely do. I am the Queen of Doom and Gloom. When things are going even the tiniest bit wrong, I freak out and adopt this annoying sky-is-falling attitude. And only later, in the safety of a storm that has just passed, do I see the lessons embedded in the tumult.

So in the interest of keeping it real, I'm not going to editorialize more than I already have. I'm just going to leave this simple thought for you to consider.

No comments: