Monday, January 26, 2009

The one where Mrs. Dude hopes to embrace non-fiction

Over time, I've noticed that I read much more fiction than non-fiction. I really like learning new things, but I can't read non-fiction very quickly.

It's discouraging, so I end up reading a lot less non-fiction than I want to. I don't even start the book, knowing that it will take me several months to finish it.

In an effort to challenge myself, I have resolved to read one non-fiction book per month.

This month, I'm reading The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World as my January non-fiction challenge.

Of course I waited until the last week of the month to start it. Of course I've read three novels before this one.

I have a week to eek this out, though.

I guess that's part of the challenge.

No comments: