Friday, January 23, 2009

Speech after long silence...

...it is right.

My apologies to Mr. Yeats for taking his poetry grossly out of context.

I haven't been faithful to my blog in quite a while. I have found a hundred other things to occupy my time. But the part of me that likes to write hasn't feel very satisfied with the silence. And that nagging part of me that tries to ignore things long put-off kept nagging.

I have had a lot of trouble knowing how to set the bounds of my blog. I adopted this pseudo-pseudonym because I never wanted the blog to be about me--not really, anyway. I love blogs about people's lives, but I always wanted to let people into my life by showcasing things I liked. I wanted to share poems or books or music. I wanted you to see me through the lens of things that brought me joy.

I feel this need to let the blog change a little bit and not be so secretive and obtuse. I like the kinda sorta anonymity that comes from using "Mrs. Dude" instead of my real name. And honestly, I just really like using it. But I feel like the blog lacks a certain authenticity when it's about me but not really about me.

So, having gotten all of that off my chest, I feel like it's okay to start blogging again. And I aspire to write every day. Some days it may be about stuff I like. Some days it may just be something about me. I hope those of you who read when I was writing regularly will continue to read. I hope I give you things worth reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!