Friday, May 2, 2008

In which Mrs. Dude exposes her obsessive nature

When I find a band that I connect with, musically speaking, I get kind of obsessive. Okay...not kind of. Really.

Really obsessive.

It's just that I so rarely find music that I connect with. I like a particular song by this band or that artist, but I rarely find an artist or band whose music, as a whole, speaks to me.

When I find one, I obsess. I listen to the same songs over and over again.

It's like falling in love, I suppose. I want to surround myself with that music. I want to be enchanted, transported, rocked to the very core of my soul.

I want to find music that makes me never feel the same again.

I'm currently obsessing over Mike Doughty's music and also Tegan and Sara's music.

I have listened to Golden Delicious and If it was you so many times it's not even funny.

I am learning every word to every song. Not on purpose, to be one of those people who goes to a concert and sings every word of every song. I'm learning them as a side effect of immersing myself in the songs.

I can't explain why I'm drawn to either of these artists. I think it's their lyrical dexterity and earnestness.

Whatever the reason, I am a sad, lovesick fool.

Musically-speaking, that is.

No comments: