Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Sound of Young America

I kind of have a crush on Jesse Thorn now. Don't tell The Dude, though. We don't have *that* kind of marriage...

After America's Radio Sweetheart informed me that I could, in fact, determine the subject of a show in a painless way, I dove in. I had a long drive yesterday evening and listened to two interviews--one with Neal Pollack and one with Maria Bamford. Today I listened to the fantastically funny Brendon Small discuss metal and to the Rock Snobbery and Hip Hop Heads shows.

Basically, Jesse interviews the people I would interview if I had a radio show. Only he does it better than I could. Do what you're good at, I always say. I'm good at organizing information and Jesse is good at making people talk.

His interviews are witty without being too precious. His personality shines in interviews without outshining the guests.

Also? His theme song is pretty catchy.

You can find The Sound of Young America on iTunes or on the website www.maximumfun.org

I highly recommend it.

No comments: