Wednesday, March 7, 2007

"Dashboard" by Modest Mouse

You'd think that between the satellite radio and my iPod that I'd never actually listen to commercial radio. But, I do. The local "alternative rock" station has a killer morning show that I listen to on my way to work.

Modest Mouse's new single "Dashboard" is in heavy rotation on this morning show and has me geeked for their new album. It's everything I loved about their last album--jangly, catchy, and eccentric. I can't listen to it without singing along and dancing in my seat.

I think it's fair to say that over the course of their career that Modest Mouse has toned down the crazy in their music to appeal to a wider (and more commercial) audience without losing their whimsy. I'm cool with that, since I actually prefer the toned down version of their work.

Basically, I can't wait for the new album, We were dead before the ship even sank. It comes out on March 20.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am trying, I am trying to, drink away the part of the day that I cannot sleep away...


I like 'em less weird. But I really liked 'em weird, too.

-M.