Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Sprinting towards the New Year

Every year I keep a journal with a list of books, their authors, and the number of pages. Each month is a new page and I total the number of books and pages I've read each month. I can't explain why I do it, but it helps me challenge myself to read more books (and more pages) as each year passes.

I am trying to finish the book I'm reading by the end of the year (For the record, it's Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging...by Louise Rennison). It would make me happy to have another 200 or so pages under my belt for the year.

The problem? I hate this book. I really, really hate this book.

I don't like giving up on a book, though, so I'll see it through to the end and hope that I can finish by New Year's Eve.

On a completely different note, I am loving "Bookmarks" magazine. It's a magazine full of book reviews, suggested reading for book clubs, and articles about authors. At lunch I read an interesting article about A.S. Byatt. I know that The Dude has a copy of Possession on his bookshelf, and I looked in Whatsamatta U.'s catalog and saw that we have a few copies of various titles.

Mrs. Dude abides...

1 comment:

Vero said...

Cada año mantener un diario con una lista de libros, sus autores y el número de páginas