Thursday, October 8, 2009

Best music of Aught Nine...so far?

For the past couple of years, The Dude and I have done a "best music of the year" list. And every year, December rolls around and I feel like there's so much music I haven't listened to.

So let me break it down for you.

So far, I've enjoyed:
Grand--Matt&Kim
Fantasies--Metric
Sad Man Happy Man--Mike Doughty
Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix--Phoenix
It's frightening--White Rabbits
Manners--Passion Pit

October's new releases that I'm excited about:
Hundreds of Lions--Erin McKeown
Sainthood--Tegan and Sara

So here's the question: What have you loved that isn't on this list?

Leave a comment and fill me in.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

By far my favorite album released this year is The Hazards of Love by The Decemberists. It's indie rock opera at its best!

Battra13 said...

I'm old and set in my ways, but my favorite album of the year thus far is "Anomaly" by Ace Frehley only took 20 years till he followed up 1989's "Trouble Walkin," and it's ALMOST worth the wait!

KBO said...

I second the White Rabbits nom, and would add Neko Case's Middle Cyclone and Wilco's Wilco (The Album).

KBO said...

Oh, shit, totally forgot Hazards of Love, made awesome by the tremendous tour to support it.

Cooter said...

Those Darlins - Those Darlins
Do You Want Power? - The Ettes
Backspacer - Pearl Jam
Baby Darling Doll Face Honey - Band of Skulls


I would have posted anonymously, but what's the use? My choices would have been a dead giveaway! :)

Bridget said...

I highly recommend Sea Wolf - White Water, White Bloom. It's their second album that was just released a couple weeks ago.

Travis said...

A few of my favorite so far in no particular order:

Various Artists - Dark Was The Night
Wilco - Wilco (the album)
Neko Case - Middle Cyclone
Andrew Bird - Noble Beast

Amy said...

There's a new local band I'm enjoying called Donora - http://www.myspace.com/donora - I really like "Shhhh".

I'm generally a year behind in music though. ;-)