Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Modern Library Top 100 challenge

On the eve of my 30th birthday, I decided to start reading (or, in some cases, re-reading) the Top 100 novels of the 20th century as determined by the board of the Modern Library.

I'm not sure what prompted me to do this other than the fact that I have not read a lot of the classics. The idea of reading 20th century classics seemed appealing to me.

I usually don't break 50 novels a year, so I figure it'll take the first two years of my 30s to read all of these books.

I'm going to post my thoughts on each novel I read as well as keep track of what I've read in the sidebar.

1 comment:

SocrMom78 said...

Mrs Dude...I LOVE IT! I am assuming you got that from "Tobacco Road", one of my favorite Modern Library books so far. I will enjoy watching your blog for updates.