Monday, July 9, 2007

When I grow up...

I write this blog because I want to make a difference. I want you to fill your minds and your hearts with some of the really great art and music and movies that are being made.

I am not a taste-maker. I'm just some girl sitting at her keyboard.

There's a blog I read--Hollywood Farm Girl.

Now that's someone blogging to make a difference.

I don't know how I found her--Pink is the new Blog, maybe? Yeah, I think that was it.

Hollywood Farm Girl is famous, but that isn't why I read her. I read her because her poetic musings both break my heart and help my spirit soar. She is fantastically courageous when speaks truth to power. And she is fun to read when she's living the life less ordinary.

I encourage you to go read her stuff. It's a hollywoodfarmgirl.blogspot.com. Maybe I should have asked her permission to blog about her, but I figure that as sisters-in-blog that maybe she doesn't mind so much.

When I grow up, maybe I'll learn to speak truth to power. But I figure that's not what you've come to expect from me.

No comments: